Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Life and Death

Our lives changed forever the day after my last blog post. My dad passed away on May 30 after the two most stressful weeks we've ever faced. I wish I had something profound to write, but I don't. I miss my dad and hate thinking about our family's future without him.

My dad was always there when I needed him. After my first mission trip to Mexico I got very sick and couldn't stop vomiting. Dad drove to my dorm at the U of A, picked me up, took me to a hotel and spoon-fed me Gatorade until I was better. When Matt called my dad and explained that he needed to take me to the ER for appendicitis, my dad said, "I'll be there as soon as I can, I'm cooking dinner for Cindy before she gets off work" and he stayed with Lilly until I was released the next day. I've never had trouble grasping how much my Heavenly Father loves me because my dad loved me so much.


We always had a good stock of Oreos, chocolate bars, and ice cream at our house because my dad loved to bring over our favorite treats. He came up at least once a week to see me and play with Lilly or watch her while I ran an errand. Lilly still talks about him and enjoys looking at pictures of him.


Matt put together some picture collages with his new app to make blogging a little easier. We have a wonderful, happy life with lots of love and enjoy time with our sweet girl. We're very excited about welcoming little Isaac Matthew to the family near the end of October.








1 comment:

  1. Jill, honey, I am so so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you. I hate that you have to go through this. I will be praying for you and your family. Your dad sounds like he was a wonderful person. I am excited however to hear about the new addition to the family! I love all the pictures you post. I miss you and Lafe and I will both be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete