Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Windsday




Lilly's 4 month check up was yesterday. She weighs 15lbs and is 25 and 1/4 inches tall! What a big girl! She was brave for her shots again. Just a little sleepy and pitiful today. But it's cute because she's extra snuggly! :)


We're thinking she's ready for solid foods. At dinner lately she's been staring me down, watching each bite that I bring to my mouth. She gets very frustrated about it and drools.


Still no luck on taking the bottle. Out of desperation I gave her the sippy cup. She really likes to chew on it but I'm not sure she understands that she's supposed to drink the milk that's coming out of it. This is the most progress we've had though so I'm going to keep working on it!



It was a windy weekend but so beautiful!! Matt dug two holes for some trees that we're about to buy. After Lil went down for a nap Sunday afternoon I took the baby monitor and a lawn chair to the driveway and sat in the sunshine! It was like being on a cruise!! Baby sleeping, the wind in my hair, me lounging in the chairs watching a hot guy working in the yard ;) I thought the only thing that would make it better would be a Shirley Temple. And oh yes, we had a jar of cherries that I'm pretty sure expired in 2008, but it made an awesome cruise drink! We're definitely going to be spending more time in the driveway this summer.



We're so thankful for our life. We love our new roles as Provider and Stay-at-home Mommy! It's so neat to look back and see how God brought Matt to his job. We're so blessed. It's hard work but he does a great job and his hard work is acknowledged and rewarded. I have no regrets about the choice we made for me to stay at home right now. It's hard work too, but I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment