Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Walkin' Talkin' Baby!






She's on the move! Lilly can take several steps at a time now and walking is her preferred form of transportation. She's slow, but getting steadier everyday. She loves to walk holding our hands, too.

And the babbling has finally begun! She used to "talk" when she was younger and then all she did was blow raspberries so we're excited that she says "go go" all day long. I think "da da" will be next!
Caught ya, sock monkey!!


It's funny how she has such strong preferences at a young age. Why does she like Elmo so much? How does she know that Gerber Puffs are different from the organic Target brand? She's a smart cookie! She's getting better at Peekaboo and she's almost got Sooo Big down. Except it's kind of reversed right now. She will randomly throw her hands in the air and then we will say Sooo Big! instead of the other way around. She's training us well!


We went to the trail at Crystal Bridges this weekend. It was so beautiful! Can't wait for the museum to open!
Matt got pooped on by a bird.. haha!!


Fun times with GG at the Promenade!


I'm finally following the lead of my sister-in-law, Jill, and my friend, Lacey, who actually have a housecleaning plan/schedule. Jill has a fancy iPhone app that intimidates me but Lacey uses a written plan. I typed one up after looking at suggestions online. This is week two and I can tell a difference! The house is cleaner overall instead of the previously manic schedule of dirty for a week and super clean for one day. Just having one scheduled cleaning day and trying to keep up with daily tidying was kind of stressful. I would try to take a cup from the bedroom to the kitchen and find a pair of shoes along the way so I'd carry the cup and the shoes to the closet and see that the closet is a mess so I'd try to tidy the closet for a few minutes but find something that needs to be put in Lilly's scrapbook and then leave the cup in the closet and never get back to the kitchen to clean the dishes like I had started!!
But having a small amount to do each day is accomplish-able and rewarding. And I'll get stuff done, like cleaning windows and dusting baseboards that I never thought I had time for. It still needs some modifications and I'm open for recommendations! Thanks Lacey and Jill for inspiring me!

We tried finger painting! It was so funny to watch!

Here's the masterpiece! She gave it to Matt to take to work. Don't you think the orange blob in the top left looks like a bird?!



No comments:

Post a Comment